Original Inspiration: Incredible Edible Egg website
Servings: 12 muffins
WW: 3 pointsplus per muffin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups egg substitute
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup apple, peeled and diced
- 2 pre-cooked chicken sausage links, diced (around 5 oz; I used Trader Joe's Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage - you could use 3 links and it wouldn't effect the p+, it just seemed too much with 3)
- 2 oz sharp cheddar or gruyere cheese (approximately 1/4 cup), chopped into small cubes or shredded
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pepper in a large bowl.
Add egg substitute and applesauce and stir until moistened. Stir in cheese, chicken sausage, and apples. Spoon evenly into 12 3-inch muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake until tops are lightly browned - about 15-20 minutes.
Let cool on wire rack for 5 minutes and then remove from the pan. Serve warm or cool completely and store for 4-5 days.
These are tasty served cold or reheated in the toasted oven. These muffins are pretty filling. I was satisfied eating one muffin and a banana for breakfast all week.